What I am into right now:
1. TV: ABC Family channel, all holiday movies all the time!
2. Movie: Elf
4. Book: Meg Cabot 24/7 cause I am writing a CD about her books
5. Something Fab: Eggnog Lattes
Hi. This holiday season we have been rehearsing our bottoms off for the Rebel Princess concert. We are having a CD release party on January 9th at the New York Public Library. It is in conjunction with the book release party for Meg Cabot, who will be releasing Princess Diaries 10 (the last book in the series). The party will be hosted by designer Austin Scarlett from season one of Project Runway. I believe tickets for the show are sold out but there is a waiting list. You can find more info on the show here on our SHOWS page.
Our CD coming out on January 9th, 2009 and is called Rebel Princess.
Here is our new CD cover. The songs are inspired by Meg Cabot books, particularly the The Princess Diaries Series.
Our CD will be available on our website along with the Rebel Princess hoodies and t-shirts… hopefully. The most fab artist, Justin, is in charge of our artwork for the t-shirts and hoodies but he has been engulfed by the evil winter virus. Therefore our hoodies hang in the balance. If he can recover we will have hoodies there for you at the concert. You of course will need a hoodie because it is winter in New York and you can bet your Jack Frost that its going to be cold. Pep (who is Puerto Rican) has zero concept of snow. He as of today does not have a snow jacket, he actually thought he could throw on a thermal shirt and that would be all he needed. Sometimes I wonder if people who live in California have a realistic concept of winter. I mean here snow is actually made by machines and put in a tank for children to play with at Disneyland. I am sooo cereal. So I pulled a wobbly, shouting things like, “Snow is everywhere in New York, it cannot be controlled!!!” “People freeze to death and die in it!” Pep calmly responded “I know dude, snow killed Francis Bacon.” I was immediately silent (this actually never happens) I mean who knew Pep even knew who Francis Bacon was???
Here is the excerpt from an UK website labeled stupid ways in which famous people have died. You can see the site here.
One of the most influential minds of the late 16th century. A statesman, a philosopher, a writer, and a scientist, he was even rumored to have written some of Shakespeare's plays.
How he died: Stuffing snow into a chicken
One afternoon in 1625, Bacon was watching a snowstorm and was struck by the wondrous notion that maybe snow could be used to preserve meat in the same way that salt was used. Determined to find out, he purchased a chicken from a nearby village, killed it, and then, standing outside in the snow, attempted to stuff the chicken full of snow to freeze it. The chicken never froze, but Bacon did.
DO NOT try this at home! We hope you are all having a Happy Holiday and not dying in the snow.
And now, as Switchblade Kitten’s holiday gift to you we are giving you the gift of music. :) One song from our new Rebel Princess CD will be available to download for FREE during the holiday till New Year. Just go to our homepage to find out how. http://www.switchbladekittens.com//.
Speaking of holiday gifts here are some of the gifts I received this holiday. Here is a pic of me opening my presents.
Fab Gifts from fab people:
1. From Pep (bassorama) I received a bright fuchsia handbag with sequins on it. It seems like something out of the Studio 54 days so like maybe early 70s?? And it has 4 snaps crisscrossing it at the top so it creates a triangle type effect. Stuff keeps jumping over the snaps at the top so I suppose I will have to downside my life in order to rock this purse. He also gave me bright fuchsia fleece pajamas. I think the constant barrage of snow talk made him resort to fleece. Anyway Pep is Hispanic so he is having a Fleece Navidad!
2. From Tabbie (drumbass) several pink shirts with the word DRAMA in shiny silver on the top right. I believe she made these for me so the sound people quit calling me “hey pink girl” and actually could read my name during sound check.
3. From Latte (the new regular bass player) a pink rhinestone travel jewelry box. I don’t think I have any jewelry valuable enough that if I lost it on tour it would matter but NOW I have a jewelry box so I should probably get some then :)
4. From Ben9000 (mastermind of the DJ team, Killavox and surrogate little brother) a pink princess throw blanket. Very convenient for plane travel.
5. From Martin (my man muse and fabest friend) the movies “Mamma Mia” and “Sound of Music”. Mamma Mia is now my new favourite movie of all time.
6. From Meg Cabot the final book in the Princess Diaries series PD10! BUT, she waited to send it to me so I would get it in January like everyone else and not tell anyone the ending. Soooooo harsh!
7. From Megan Schuyler (the director of the Wizard Rockumentary) a huge pink pillow shaped like an ice cream cornet. And a princess parking sign for my door. (there is a princess theme going on here)
8. From Pamela Des Barres (who just turned 60 by the way and looks AMAZING) Let us all admire her.
a wee kitty cup. This cup is the exact right size for cold remedy so anyone with the evil winter virus has been using it.
I also received Barnes and Noble gift cards. Because anyone who has seen the band house know that there are nearly 4,000 books here and they are pretty much all mine. One enabler said I needed to be in a book club, honey I need a book GROUP as in bookaholics rehab. I already bought the Twilight Saga Collection by Stephenie Meyer and I intend to read it right now. And if anyone wants to complain about lack of space in the band house they just need to shut it and help me create decorative furniture with the books that don’t fit under the bed.
So Christmas day was spent watching “Sound of Music”. Normally I watch “Love Actually” but I decided to kick it old school, drinking eggnog lattes and eating Häagen-Dazs Peppermint Bark ice cream
and of course watching the Queen’s Christmas Message on the internet.
Love the retro footage. Poor Charlie can never quite reach the ball can he? The Prince of Wales just turned 60 and he doesn’t look nearly as good as Pamela Des Barres!
Happy Holidays from Switchblade Kittens and don’t stuff a chicken in the snow!
Here is a Christmas tree tribute to my hair!
~taste the rainbow~