This year I had to work on New Year’s Eve. This is probably the case with most of you so I will not complain that much. So NO Hollywood C-list parties for me this year, I have a band to tend to. After having been the skype guest on everyone else’s podcast I decided to make a podcast series myself. I ended up with a podcast sitcom about my life, called Switchblade Kitten.
I hung out with Ian Wagner (foremost music writer guy) and he generously wrote my life story into a series of podcasts. This will enable you guys to know things that are going on with me and the band and some things that have happened in the past. So Pleather did some helping, Tabbie did some editing, Coffie did some translating, and then Pep and I stayed awake for 3 days straight working our bums off, the last night being New Year’s Eve. But the work paid off, I hope, and Podcats number 1 is finished. Go to www.switchbladekitten.com to download it.
I did take a break at midnight to watch the ball drop, sip some sparkling apple juice, and eat some grapes and gold coins (really Godiva chocolate) for prosperity in the new year. And as the clock struck 12, I kissed a frog. Some princesses never change :)
New Year Resolutions
1. Will write and complete 12 podcats (to make a season)
2. Will finish the CD about Meg Cabot books called, Rebel Princess
3. Will get on better with my mother
4. Will get a full 7 hours of sleep a night (blast! Broke that one already)
5. Will get out of debt (Ok that will not happen now that I have taken on resolution number 1 and 2)
6. Will not shout at band members.
7. Will not shout at band members unless life or death situation.( ie I could kill them at any moment)
8. Will not spend hours in front of the tele watching episodes of “Charmed”. (Same for “The Nanny”)
9. Will organize my bedroom and desk (once I have found said desk, after organizing bedroom)
10. Will stop eating Godiva chocolate
11. Will stop eating Godiva chocolate 4 times a day and cut down to 2.
12. Will practice playing bass more instead of playing on myspace.
13. Will find nice sensible friend with benefits leading to possible boyfriend role and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workaholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional f***wits, or perverts. (whoops! That ‘s not mine that’s Bridget Jones’ resolution)
14. Will lose extra pounds brought on by too much holiday cheer. (see number 10)
15. Will stop biting nails (uiwu4709fu sorry... couldn’t type with hand in my mouthhhh kuo oioiy)
16. Will write a new blog every week instead of every month (Blast! It is already January 8, 2007. I am a week late with resolutions already!)
Happy New Year!
'Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit!'
~taste the rainbow~